ServiceTitan HVAC National Championship
Rev. Feb 28, 2023
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES – United States
Important: Please completely read Official Rules before entering the ServiceTitan HVAC National Championship contest (the "Contest"). By clicking the "Submit" button on the www.hvacnationals.com registration page and/or by participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. SPONSORS/ADMINISTRATOR. IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC., 1375 Park Ave., Sycamore, Illinois, 60178 and ServiceTitan, Inc., 801 North Brand Blvd. Suite 700, Glendale, California, 91203 (“Sponsors”). Intersport, Inc., 303 East Wacker Drive – suite 2200; Chicago, IL 60601 is the “Administrator” of this Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY. THE SERVICETITAN HVAC NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO PROFESSIONAL HVAC TECHNICIANS OR APPRENTICES WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA), WHO HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY (19 YEARS OR OLDER IN DE, AL OR NE; 21 YEARS OR OLDER IN MS, AND 18 YEARS OR OLDER IN ALL OTHER STATES). IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN THE PRIZE, AND SPONSORS/ADMINISTRATOR RESERVE THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD THE PRIZE TO YOU. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must follow the entry format designated in Section 4 below.
Directors, officers, and employees of Sponsors/Administrator, and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, immediate families of each and persons living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to win any prizes.
3. OVERVIEW AND PROMOTION PERIODS. Eligible contestants participate in a timed skilled contest by following the instructions provided at Contest locations, or online, as applicable. Contestants will be entered in one (1) of two (2) divisions – Professional Technician – An EPA certified, licensed technician that has more than three (3) years of experience in the HVAC field or a licensed HVAC journeymen (“Pro”) or as an Apprentice Technician – a technician that has less than three (3) years of experience in the field or is currently enrolled in an HVAC educational program (“Apprentice”). Pro and Apprentice are each a “Division” of the Contest. The goal of the Contest is to successfully complete the interrelated tasks for each round of the Contest as judged by accuracy and/or time, depending on the Contest round.
· Individual contestants may sign up as either a Pro or an Apprentice depending on their status at the time of the registration. During competitions, Pro and Apprentice contestants will follow Contest directions for that round and work to complete the tasks as quickly and as accurately as possible.
· All Participants must provide proof of proper industry certification, proof of educational enrollment, or a signed affidavit from the Participants employer stating that Participant has worked in the industry for a minimum of three (3) years HVAC experience.
· A contestant may participate in the Contest as an individual and does not need to be affiliated with any organization or entity.
· Qualifying Round One - Online competitions are currently scheduled to be held at www.hvacnationals.com from approximately March 1, 2023 to July 31, 2023 . Dates and times for the Qualifying Round One competitions will be posted on www.hvacnationals.com and advertised through various other means. During the Qualifying Round One, the top scores in each category will be recorded. A Particpant’s recorded top score will be ranked against all other contestants in their Division. The top Pros and top Apprentices competing in Qualifying Round One across the U.S. will advance to Qualifying Round Two (each as a “Qualifying Round Finalist”). Additionally, each month, the Participants with the top scores in their respective Categories will be automatically moved on the next qualifying round. In event of a tie, the Participant who had the least amount of wrong answers will be chosen as a Qualifying Round Finalist.
· Qualifying Round Two – Seventy-six (76) qualifying contestants will receive an email notifying them that they have advanced to Round Two. Round Two instructions and challenge kits will be sent out after the August 1, 2023, response deadline. Contestants will have until 11:59 PM CST on August 31,2023 to complete and submit the Round Two challenge. Each contestant’s submission will be judged by a panel of industry experts. The Pros and Apprentices with the top scores in Qualifying Round Two will advance to Championship Week.
· Championship Week (2 Rounds) – The Championship Week is scheduled to take place at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, FL on a date yet to be determined with dates and times subject to change by Sponsors/Administrator with reasonable notice.
o Championship Week Semi-Finals, a date yet to be determined – All fifteen (15) Championship Finalists in each Division compete in live in-person HVAC competitions on site. The five (5) Pros and Five (5) Apprentices with the best scores in the Semi-Finals will advance to the Championship Week’s Final Round.
o Championship Week Final Round, a date yet to be determined – The five (5) Semi-Final winners in each Division compete in live in-person HVAC competitions on site. One (1) Pro and one (1) Apprentice with the best Final Round score will be declared the Contest winners, subject to verification of eligibility and completion of required winner certification documents. Prizes will also be awarded to second and third place contestants in the Pro and Apprentice categories, as described in Section 6 below.
Contest dates and times may not be continuous and Contest activities may be paused or modified, at the discretion of Sponsors, Administrator or their representatives.
4. HOW TO ENTER. You may enter the Contest by registering online at www.hvacnationals.com starting on approximately March 1, 2023. Qualifying Round One is scheduled to take place starting from approximately March 1, 2023, and continue through approximately July 31, 2023; Qualifying Round Two is scheduled to take place from approximately August 1, 2023, through approximately August 31, 2023 .
Contestants will be required to register and provide a valid email to participate in Contest events. To register a Qualifying Round One score, a Contestant will enter their email and other registration information. All entries must take place during the Qualifying Round registration period of the respective Contest round to be eligible to advance or win a prize in the Contest. The dates and times of the events and Contest rounds are determined at the sole discretion of Sponsors/Administrator and may be subject to change.
5. FOR ALL ENTRIES. All requested contact information must be provided for your entry to be valid. All Contest materials including information provided as a part of the Contest, become the sole property of Sponsors and Administrator will not be returned, subject to applicable consumer data laws. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsors/Administrator. Failure to verify credentials will result in the disqualification of the contestant. Any submission that does not comply with any aspect of these Official Rules may be rejected by Sponsors/Administrator and the contestant disqualified from the Contest. All contestants are required to sign a Contest Waiver and Release before participating, which is available on www.hvacnationals.com or may be made available at competition events by Sponsors/Administrator.
6. PRIZES. Up to thirty (30) Championship Finalist Prizes: Championship Finalists will be required to attend the Championship Week scheduled to take place in Tampa, Florida on a date yet to be determined (the “Event.”) If a Championship Finalist does not attend the Event for any reason, he or she will be disqualified and may be replaced by alternate contestant(s) at the discretion of Sponsors/Administrator. Sponsors/Administrator will provide each Championship Finalist round-trip travel to attend the Event. Travel includes round trip coach air transportation for each Championship Finalist from a major commercial airport near that Championship Finalist’s home residence (as determined by Sponsors/Administrator or their travel agent) to Tampa, Florida, ground transportation from airport to hotel and return to airport on day of departure and ground transportation to and from Event location, hotel lodging, and a meal package determined by Sponsors/Administrator. If in the judgment of Sponsors/Administrator, air travel is not required due to Championship Finalists proximity to Event location, ground transportation will be substituted for round-trip air travel at the sole discretion of Sponsors/Administrator. Sponsors/Administrator will determine airline and flight itinerary in their sole discretion. Trip must be booked through Sponsors/Administrator’s designated agent. No refund or compensation will be made to any contestant in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth by Sponsors/Administrator and/or the airline carrier as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All other expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated herein including but not limited to, ground transportation (other than stated above), meals not included in the meal package, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses, are solely the responsibility of the applicable Championship Finalist.
Championship Finalists must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver’s license) required for travel and must provide a valid credit card upon check-in at the Event hotel to cover incidentals and other hotel expenses for which contestants are responsible (room service, damage charges, etc.). Airline tickets and hotel accommodations are non-transferrable and are not subject to cash substitutions. Sponsors/Administrator will not replace any lost, mutilated vouchers or airline tickets. Sponsors/Administrator shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the state or federal government, air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, travel providers, or any other persons providing any travel-related service or accommodation. Additional trip details and information are provided to the Championship Finalists at the time of notification. Championship Finalists are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their own option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsors/Administrator have not, and will not, obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. In the event a winner declines or cannot accept, receive or use the prize for any reason, or fails to comply with these Official Rules, that winner may be required to forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected at the sole discretion of Sponsors/Administrator. All prizes are conditional upon Finalists’ execution and return of any and all required documents by Sponsors/Administrator, including, but not limited to necessary tax reporting forms and winner releases.
PRIZES AFTER CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK FINAL ROUND:
First Place Prize: One (1) Pro contestant placing first in the Contest and completing other Contest requirements will receive a forty thousand US Dollar ($40,000 USD) cash prize, awarded as a check and a trophy commemorating their win.
Second Place Prize: One (1) Pro contestant placing second in the Contest and completing other Contest requirements will receive a twenty thousand US Dollar ($20,000 USD) cash prize, awarded as a check.
Third Place Prize: One (1) Pro contestant placing third in the Contest and completing other Contest requirements will receive a ten thousand US Dollar ($10,000 USD) cash prize, awarded as a check.
First Place Prize: One (1) Apprentice contestant placing first in the Contest and completing other Contest requirements will receive a twenty-five thousand US Dollar ($25,000 USD) cash prize, awarded as a check and a trophy commemorating their win.
Second Place Prize: One (1) Apprentice contestant placing second will receive a fifteen thousand US Dollar ($15,000 USD) cash prize, awarded as a check.
Third Place Prize: One (1) Apprentice contestant placing third in the Contest and completing other Contest requirements will receive a five thousand US Dollar ($5,000 USD) cash prize, awarded as a check.
All prize winners may also be featured on the websites, social media sites, and other marketing materials and media related to the Contest, Sponsors, Administrator and other Contest affiliates and agree to sign authorization forms provided by Sponsors/Administrator as part of their competition in the Contest/Event.
7. ODDS OF WINNING, TAXES, AND PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible participating contestants that enter and participate in the Contest, and on each participant’s skill level. The value of any prize awarded to a winner shall be reported by Sponsors/Administrator to the IRS for tax purposes, as required by law. EACH WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR REPORTING AND PAYING ANY AND ALL APPLICABLE TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES. SPONSORS/ADMINISTRATOR DOES NOT PROVIDE TAX ADVICE. CONTESTANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO CONTACT THEIR OWN TAX ADVISOR REGARDING TAX IMPLICATIONS. Each winner must provide Sponsors/Administrator with valid identification and taxpayer identification number or social security number and signed tax forms before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $599.00 in prizes in the Contest will receive an IRS Form from Sponsors/Administrator at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS by Sponsors/Administrator. Any prize may, at the sole discretion of Sponsors/Administrator, be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner if the required prize forms, disclosures and waivers are not completed, accurate and returned within five (5) days after delivery of notification, or, alternatively, if three (3) attempts to contact winner by phone and/or email with the prize notification are not successful. The prize is not transferable. Substitutions or exchanges will not be permitted, unless otherwise provided herein.
8. WINNER SELECTION. The winners will be determined by the best score by category at the Final Round of Championship Week, as described in Section 3. For applicable live rounds, official time is kept by an Event time clock and the fastest times are kept and recorded by Contest personnel. Judgment calls or qualification decisions by Sponsors/Administrator personnel are final and binding. The pending Contest winners, subject to completion of required winner forms, will be announced at the Final Round Event on a date yet to be determined, at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, FL. To claim the prize, the winner should follow the instructions provided in the notification. There will be no ties; contestants must beat top previous/competing score in their category.
9. OFFICIAL RULES REQUEST; WINNERS LIST. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, you may download them at www.hvacnationals.com, or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Administrator at the address listed in Section 1 above, Attn: ServiceTitan HVAC National Championship – Official Rules. To obtain a list of Contest winners, visit www.hvacnationals.com, or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope after December 30, 2023 to Administrator at the address listed in Section 1 above, Attn: ServiceTitan HVAC National Championship – Winners’ List.
10. USE OF WINNER’S NAME, LIKENESS, ETC. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission for Sponsors/Administrator and their licensees and Contest affiliates to use each winner's name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, the winner may be required to execute an additional consent/release to the use of his/her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
12. RELEASE. By entering this Contest you release Sponsors/Administrator and all participating distributors, retailers, schools or co-sponsors, Contest organizers, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, wholesalers, distributors, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever and waive any and all causes of action related to any claim, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, acceptance, possession, use or inability to use any prize (including without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, wither intentional or intentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Released Parties will not be responsible for: (a) any late entries; (b) any electronic, hardware, software, malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsors/Administrator or by non-authorized human intervention; (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest, or any tax obligations of winners related to prizes awarded. Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any participant or winner for failure to continue the Contest or supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic/pandemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Sponsors/Administrator’s control. The Released Parties are not responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a purpose. The Released Parties will have no further obligation to winners. The foregoing release specifically includes, but is not limited to any/all claims related to the Covid-19 pandemic. Contest participants agree to comply with all mandated Covid-19 procedures and any required testing as part of their obligations under the official rules for the Contest.
13. DISCLAIMER. Sponsors/Administrator reserve the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in their sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any contestant’s participation in the Contest should Acts of God/Force Majeure, viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsors/Administrator’s control affect the administration, security, integrity or proper play of the Contest, or Sponsors/Administrator otherwise become (as determined in their sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Further, Sponsors/Administrator reserves the right to suspend or cancel a contestant’s participation in the Contest and future events, at any time during the Contest, in their absolute and sole discretion, for any unruly behavior or misconduct, including without limitation harassment, intimidation, threats or acts of violence or exhibiting poor sportsmanship. In the event that Sponsors/Administrator suspend or cancel the Contest for any reason, Sponsors/Administrator may award the prize to the winner(s) determined in Sponsors/Administrator’s sole discretion or may cancel the prize(s) if the Contest wasn’t sufficiently complete to choose winners, in Sponsors/Administrator’s sole determination. Contestants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is intended to disrupt or interfere with the proper play of the Contest, or activity that defrauds or is detrimental or unfair to Sponsors/Administrator, the Contest or any other contestant (in each case as determined in Sponsors/Administrator’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification, forfeiture of any prizes won, and possible prosecution to the full extent of the law. Sponsors/Administrator reserve the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest.
14. MISCELLANEOUS. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of Illinois. Contestants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Illinois. Contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsors/Administrator which are final and binding in all respects. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please mail written questions to Administrator, Attn: The ServiceTitan HVAC National Championship – Contest Questions. Championship Week rounds will be conducted using established industry practices and overseen by experienced professionals.
15. COPYRIGHT NOTICE. The copyrights to the Official Rules and all accompanying materials belong to Sponsors/Administrator
© 2021 by IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC. All rights reserved.